There are many ways to do neurofeedback. This workshop will review the various ways that it is being done and the supportive research behind them. We will also present numerous case examples showing the decision process in selecting protocols based upon client assessment data. Depending upon participants interests we can discuss the protocol decision logic for patients from our clinics with PTSD; OCD; ADHD; Chronic Pain; Depression; Autism; Epilepsy; and Migraines.
Based upon the content of this presentation attendees will be able to:
• Participants will become familiar with long used SMR, Beta and Alpha/Theta protocols that are still being used.
• You will also learn about choosing protocols based on clinical data overlaid with knowledge of brain regions by function, including Brodmann areas.
• Participants will participate in reviewing logic for choosing reward and inhibits frequencies.
• Participants will come familiar with which protocols are research based—and which are not.
• Participants will review logic for when to change protocols.
• Participants will participate in learning about the pros and cons of various type of feedback (e.g. DVD vs simple games vs. numerical feedback vs complex games, etc.)
• Participants will develop an understanding of issues related to manual vs. auto thresholding, and reinforcement rates.
• Participants will learn about using client’s responses to treatment to make protocol adjustments.