Get connected to the Member List Serv
This listserv forum is exclusively for the use of ISNR members to discuss professional and scientific issues. ISNR is primarily a professional society. Our membership includes many health professionals and researchers. It also includes educators, trainers and other individuals who work with neurofeedback. ISNR is not a credentialing organization. Membership does not imply any type of certification beyond a valid membership.
Postings on this Forum do not represent any official position or opinion of ISNR. We cannot make claims regarding the nature or appropriateness of the opinions offered by members on this Forum, or whether they are experienced, professionally licensed, certified or otherwise credentialed. Postings are not intended to either constitute or substitute for in-person, professional medical or clinical advice or consultation on general techniques or specific problems. People who want to utilize any form of neurofeedback or any of the methods discussed on this Forum for any purpose whatsoever should not rely on the information they attained from this listserv alone, but should qualify themselves by face-to-face interactive professional training and supervised experience.
This listserv is provided as a service to ISNR members. All members are welcomed (unless previously terminated) to the community. It is moderated. This means that when you send an email to be posted, it is juried by one of two moderators. This is to guarantee that emails that are posted have abided by the rules as stated below in the “Legalese Disclaimer.” The moderation of the ISNR Members’ Forum was established to accommodate a discussion group that is free from negative insinuations, slander, and inappropriate language and contains scientific dialog that will benefit the readers.
Rules of User Conduct
- Exercise care during all discussions. Information posed on the list is available for all to see, and comments are subject to all federal and state laws, including those related to libel, slander, antitrust, trademark, copyright, patent and unfair competition.
- The discussions on the list are meant to stimulate conversation. We will not post criticisms or attacks on others. Maintain your professionalism. Let others have their say.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, obscene, harassing, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. We will not post anything in a listserv message that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright laws without the permission of the copyright owner.
- Do not post material that infringes on any other intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others.
- Do not post commercial messages, advertisements or solicitations of business (“spamming”).
- Do not post chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- Do not post any messages which facilitate users to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another’s business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade.
- Do not post messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale.
User Warranties and Representations
- By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants ISNR and users of this listserv a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable non-exclusive right and license to use, display, reproduce, publish, modify, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or material alone or as part of other works in any form, media or technology whether now known or hereafter developed.
- You may not violate any applicable local, state, national or international law when posting to the listserv.
- Do not allow others to use your email address to send messages to the listserv. Especially to others who have been banned from this listserv.
- Do not falsify registration information, falsify or omit your name and email address from any message.
- You may not use the member list of this listserv to transmit or facilitate transmission of unsolicited bulk electronic email or other communications.
- Messages will only be posted if they pertain to the purpose of the ISNR Members’ Forum.
- By subscribing to this listserv, it is possible that you will be exposed to email that is posted by other members that you find offensive or objectionable.
- Include your signature tag, location, and e-mail address on all messages.
- Concisely and clearly specify the topic of the comments in the subject line. This makes it easier for other users to respond to your posting and to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply, delete any header information, and place your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as “thanks for the information” or “me, too” to individuals – not to the entire list. Do this by using your e-mail application’s forwarding option and typing in or cutting and pasting in the e-mail address of the individual to whom you want to respond.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Other Disclaimers
- All materials, information, products and services (“Material”) included in or available through this site may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors, ISNR makes no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the Material.
- Changes are periodically made to the Listserv and may be made at any time. ISNR accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on this site by others.
- Your use of this site is solely at your own risk. ISNR does not warrant that the listserv will operate error-free or that this listserv and its server are free of computer viruses and other harmful goods. If your use of this listserv or the Material results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, ISNR is not responsible for those costs. The Materials are provided on an “as is” basis without any warrantees of any kind.
- ISNR to the fullest extent of the law, disclaims all warranties, including the warranty or merchantability, non-infringement of third party rights and the warranty of fitness for particular purpose
- ISNR makes no warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness or timeliness of the Material, services, graphics and links or that any defects or errors will be corrected.
Limitation of Liability
- Under no circumstances shall ISNR be liable for any lost profits, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential or any other damages whatsoever resulting from the content of this listserv or the use of, or inability to use, this listserv.
- This limitation applies to any alleged liability based on any legal theory including, but not limited to, contract, tort, negligence, warranty or strict liability, even if ISNR has been advised of the possibility of such damage.
- Because some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, ISNR’s liability in such jurisdiction shall be limited to the extent permitted by law.
- ISNR reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to update or revise this page at any time. Notice of such changes will not be transmitted to anyone and will be located only here. Any revisions will become effective the first day immediately. If you post on the listserv after notice is received or if you fail to unsubscribe, then you will be deemed to have accepted the revised rules and are bound by them
Right to Terminate Access
- ISNR screens communications. However, if notified by a user of this listserv that misconduct or bias or other behavior not conducive to open discussion has occurred, whether on behalf of a moderator of the ISNR listserv or of a member of the community, ISNR may investigate the allegation and determine in its sole discretion whether to remove or request the removal of the moderator or member.
- ISNR reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to this listserv, with or without notice, for any reason including, but not limited to, your failure to abide by these terms and conditions of use.
- Any listserv member who has been terminated may petition reinstatement after a waiting period of 12 months. ISNR shall have sole discretion as to whether reinstatement is permitted, provided no legal action, threatened or real, has been brought against ISNR, the member has not presented himself falsely and he has not reregistered as a member other than himself.
- If you are currently subscribed to this listserv and do not wish to abide by the terms above, you may unsubscribe by sending an email to the listserv address with Unscribe in the subject line. You will be removed automatically at that point.
- You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless ISNR, its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from your use of the Listserv and/or Material or your breach of the terms of this Agreement. ISNR shall provide notice to you promptly of any such claim, suit, or proceeding and shall assist you, at your expense, in defending any such claim, suit or proceeding.
- Determine or oversee that the determination is made by the Membership Coordinator that a requester is a current ISNR member. Once correct member status is established, initiate the invitation.
- If a moderator wishes to post to the listserv, it must be approved by another moderator; moderators can not approve their own submissions.
- Adhere to the established written guidelines for dealing with situations especially illegal, improper, or forged traffic. Illegal or forged traffic is rejected and improper posts are returned to the sender for modification.
- Handle requests in a timely fashion. Although a longer turn around time may occur periodically (for example during the Christmas break), generally requests are processed by the next business day.
- Respond promptly to people who have concerns about receiving improper or illegal messages. Requests concerning chain letters should be handled immediately.
- Explain any system rules, such as disk quotas, attachment guidelines and to your users. Refer to the current member rules as set forth by the Board of Directors. Publications, new software/instrumentation, and continuing education announcements will be posted once only.
- Moderators will investigate any complaints in an objective manner, with an open mind. If they are still not satisfied, complainants will be encouraged to bring the matter to the attention of the ISNR Board of Directors.
- Be sure the sender is clearly identified in the body of the email. Many email addresses do not display the full name of the poster.
- Encourage back-channel communications as appropriate, especially if the topic is of interest to few persons on the listserv.
- Do not use delivery receipts, non-delivery notices or vacation programs. These are neither totally standardized nor totally reliable across the range of systems connected to Internet mail. They are invasive when sent to mailing lists, and some people consider delivery receipts an invasion of privacy.
- Moderators serve at the pleasure of the ISNR Board of Directors and if all goes well can do so for a two-year period of time. A moderator could be appointed for an additional term or terms.
- Adopted February 9, 2009