Guidelines for ISNR Listserve
The ISNR Listserve (ISNRL) is a moderated e-mail list. When a member sends an e-mail to SNR_Members_Forum@yahoogroups.com for distribution to members, an ISNRL staff moderator reviews it and has the option to accept or discard it.
Periodically, ISNR will post an announcement about the ISNRL and its guidelines.
- Questions regarding symptoms, disorders, treatment conditions and the use of NFB.
- Replies that address symptoms, disorders, treatment conditions and the use of NFB.
- General health related concerns.
- Sharing of scientific articles of interest, health related websites.
- Questions or comments about equipment, technical issues, or the use of NFB to enhance performance, relaxation, or well-being
- Sharing of personal publications i.e., journal article, newly published book, etc. ONE TIME ANNOUNCEMENT ONLY).
- Attachments of articles, publications, and diagrams related to the brain, neuroscience, NFB, treatment.
- Job Postings
- International conferences that are not Vendor driven/organized and that would serve the interests of members and specifically International members.
- Inflammatory or unprofessional messages, including direct insults, attacks, or confrontation between ISNRL members or other professions not on the ISNRL.
- Negative posts about other persons.
- Comments reflecting politics or political figures that are of a negative or derogatory nature.
- Messages concerning subscriptions to the list.
- Messages that are intended for an individual subscriber and are not of interest, or do not pertain to, the whole list.
- Messages that are not related to brain, brain function, health, neuroscience, neurofeedback, and assessment and/or treatment.
- Requests for contacts from people seeking a job; however, the list does accept employment postings
- Automatic replies, i.e., out of office replies.
Only ISNRL subscribers may post to the ISNRL. The list software attempts to match the address in the “From” field of a message against the register of subscribed addresses. The list software rejects messages from non-subscribed addresses. This filter protects list members from junk mail.
How to Post
Existing list subscribers can post a message to all ISNRL members by e-mailing it to: SNR_Members_Forum@yahoogroups.com
As a courtesy to other subscribers, always fill in the Subject line when you post a message to the ISNRL.
AND PLEASE, Create a NEW POST instead of altering the topic of a post. Many Listserve Members use subject lines as a method to determine whether or not to read a particular post. Asking questions about Seizures in a post about ADHD can be frustrating to those following a subject thread.
Asking about the title of a book or journal article under a subject heading from someone looking for a referral in NoTown, NoWhere, USA may not get answered.
Poster Name and Credentials
When posting on the ISNR Listserve and when replying to posts on the ISNR Listserve, please include your full name and credentials (i.e., John Doe, Ph.D; Jane Doe, MD; Joe Doe, LCSW; June Doe, Registered Dietician.). This helps readers understand from what discipline questions are being asked or recommendations are being made.
Subscribers should only attach scientific articles or papers of interest.
All ISNRL Postings Become Public
Posts to the ISNR Listserve not meeting these guidelines may be rejected. Authors/senders of rejected posts will be notified by the ISNR Listserve Moderator that the post has been rejected and reasons for the post being rejected.